How fun are these bows? They are those basics that every little girl needs.
Wear them alone or clip into a headband.
Let's get started.
- Measuring tool
- Needle and thread (I prefer upholstery thread so you can pull and tug without it breaking)
- 7/8" ribbon. I'm using Ribbon Queen here. Love her quality, selection and prices. Plus, her shipping is crazy fast!
- 3/8" ribbon to wrap your center and clip
- Alligator clip
- Hot glue gun
- Lighter for heat sealing
Decide how big you want your bow. Take that measurement and add .5" and fold your ribbon. I will demonstrate making a 3" pinwheel.
For a 3" pinwheel measure your ribbon out 3.5". Leave a 1/4" on the end. Fold diagonally.
Wrap your ribbon around and fold over again. It can be helpful to grab a couple clips and let them be another set of hands holding your fold.
Fold your ribbon in half to find your center. Pinch to crease.
See that helpful crease. We will use that as our guide for stitching.
Push your needle through the top of the bow.
Continue running your needle in/out of your ribbons.
Wrap your ribbon around matching up your edges until you have your desired amount of loops and stitch.
Pull. Crease. Wrap thread around the center. Tie off.
Fold ends in half and cut to create a v-cut.
How cute! You now have an adorable pinwheel bow. And oh my... don't you love that sparkle? Ribbon Queen out did herself with this adorable ribbon. Almost all her printed ribbon she personally designs and she only carries the best solids.
Don't just take my word for it, go check her out! Be sure to always check her facebook and instagram for coupon codes and updates on new designs.
Here are her links, click each to be directed to her pages:
Okay, back to the pinwheel hehe....
Want clarification on the stitches? See this drawing. Each dot shows where you will create a running stitch.
Now... Lets finish this cutie up so your little can start wearing.
Line your alligator clip
- Glue your Alligator clip to the bottom of your bow.
- Pull your 3/8" ribbon through the clip, place a bead of hot glue and secure to the bow
- Wrap the ribbon over the front of the bow and around to the back
- Place a bead of hot glue and secure under your clip
Until next time,
Megan with Little Miss Bowtique
follow me ...