Popular Posts

About Me

My Photo
I like Big Bows and I can not lie! I make them, buy them and now FEATURE THEM! Hair bows and Hair bow tutorials

Friday, January 6, 2012

A Valentine's Day hair bow DESIGN IDEA by MommyCraftsAlot


A great big THANKS to Stacy and I like Big Bows again for the interview!
I thought I would share a little design idea with you guys just in time for Valentine's Day.

I have video tutorials on the bow parts that you will need. Each one can be found on my youtube channel, mommycraftsalot.

For this bow, I used the following ribbons :

Base bow (classic boutique aka Twisted bow) 1.5" of Red with White heart ribbon. You will need about 32 inches for this 4.5" inch bow.

Pinwheels aka Spikes: I used (2) 6 inch pieces of 1.5" RED ribbon and layered on top of that is the (2) 7 inch pieces of white 7/8 inch grosgrain.

Then I took (2) 7 inch pieces of 3/8 inch white and red heart ribbon and layered each PINWHEEL aka SPIKE on top of each other.

On top of your pinwheels, you will need a surround a bow made with 3/8 inch ribbon *Red and WHITE heart print
My surround a bow measures about 5 inches wide. Need the tutorial? Find it here.

For my topper bow, I used 7/8 inch white and 7/8 inch red w/white dot to form a "Twister" bow.
Each piece of ribbon measures about 16 inches.

the center ribbon= red/white dot 3/8 inch ribbon


Need help putting it together?

1 comment: