Thursday, December 15, 2011

Keeping safety in mind while decorating with outdoor lights

Guest post written by Ray Hollar

I think that so many people decorate their homes with Christmas lights without thinking twice about whether putting all those lights are safe or a fire hazard. Years ago when I first started putting up Christmas lights, I decided to make sure that I did it the safe way.

I always like to check up on some new tips every year and also make sure that I check that all of my lights are still properly working. While I was online looking up a few tips a few weeks ago, I ran across some info on HomeProImprovement. After I looked through it a little bit I decided to use them to remodel our kitchen in the spring.

I checked on all of my lights this year and had to replace a few strands. But that's pretty typical to make sure that I have safe outdoor lights. It's the least that I can do to ensure my family's safety and mine! Sure it costs me a little extra money, but I definitely believe that it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment