Saturday, June 18, 2011

Alternative to bottlecaps

 I'm always looking for ways to add a little more UMPH! to my daughter's hairbows.

To be honest I am not a big fan of bottlecaps anymore. I guess you could say that I am OVER that stage.

I went to Hobby Lobby the other day and searched through all the buttons and flat backs. Nothing caught my eye. I was actually searching for something that would go on top of her upcoming birthday bow. The party is LalaLoopsy.

I don't want to add anything TOO BIG but I do want it to stand out.

I picked up a Shrinky Dinks kit and thought I would try to make my own center piece.

Then I came home and started searching for "Shrinky Dink" ideas.


I came across these tutorials:



What do you think? Have you ever made a Shrinky Dink pendant?

I also stumbled upon this idea for bow centers :

(of course I would use photos of Lalaloopsy for mine and I would omit adding the magnet)

tiny polaroid magnets tutorial found here at AmbrosiaGirl

And then there are these :




Oh, I don't know what I am going to do ????!!

Any ideas??

Got a tutorial for me to try?

SHARE!

No comments:

Post a Comment